Dismissing Employees and Getting it Right
The workshop is aimed at providing key information on ‘how to avoid the costly mistakes and pitfalls when dismissing employees’, whether that’s for poor performance or misconduct.
Dismissing employees can happen at any time:
- As a result of redundancy
- Terminating a fixed tern contract or a zero hours contract
- It could be during the probation period
- Under 2 years or over the 2 years threshold
Getting it wrong could mean an employment tribunal, which can be costly, not only in time and disruption to the business but also in legal fees and compensation awards.
The internal process is fundamental to getting it right will keep you out of an employment tribunal.
The workshop is designed to provide you with an understanding of:
- The unfair and fair dismissal laws
- What a reasonable investigation looks like
- What is meant by genuine belief and the reasonableness of the dismissal
- What is meant by the band of reasonable responses
- The ACAS code of practice
One-day workshops 10am till 4pm on 8th June or 23rd June 2016.
Held at EPC-UK Learning & Development Centre, Venture Crescent, Alfreton, Derbyshire,
DE55 7RA, conveniently located near the M1 and A38.
For more information and bookings call 0800 028 4551 or request a call back at a time convenient for you or book directly via eventbrite: