Managing Conflict Within the Workplace
This is a practical course to enhance the ability of those managers with responsibility of any line management to deal effectively with conflict situations within the workplace. Managers, supervisors and line managers can often spend a disproportionate amount of their time dealing with situations in a formal process, when they could have dealt with them in a less formal way, “nipping the issue in the bud”. There are often signals of a conflict, which has not been recognised, missed or just ignored.
Who the course is for
This practical course will give participants the confidence to approach these difficult issues in a non-confrontational way and minimise the need for formal processes with their inherent, resultant relationship difficulties.
- To consider how you currently deal with conflict
- How to identify the signs and issues early on
- To identify ways to reduce the effects of disputes in your team
- To identify techniques that you can use with your team
- To practice using different techniques to minimise the likelihood of conflict turning into formal procedures