Redundancy and Restructuring
Handling and dealing with redundancies can be difficult and stressful for all concerned, especially breaking the news to the staff of the possible redundancy. This will need firmness, empathy and compassion because those at risk can react in a whole raft of different ways and you must prepare for as many eventualities as possible
The course looks at the law and some of the changes including: the reduced collective consultation process, fixed term contracts, individual consultation and the employee representation.
This course also looks at the options available to any business facing a downturn in activity and these options are not just limited to redundancy, and the emphasis here is on early consultation with your employees so that you can find the best way forward for both them and you.
Who the course is for
This course is suitable for HR and personnel professionals, employee relations managers, directors and senior managers, business owner, managers who will be undertaking the implantation of a redundancy programme to manage it in the best way and prepare those left in the organisation for the next stage of the organisation’s development. During the day we look and demonstrate effective ways of weighing all the options in hand and performing critical assessments of organisational and personnel needs.
This course will help you to find out all you need to know, about how to carry out redundancies in the most fair and efficient way possible.
- Legal and practical options when considering redundancies
- Redundancy: its purpose and implications
- Redundancy selection criteria and types of redundancy
- Investigating possible alternatives to redundancy
- Informing and consulting your workforce: the legal requirements Selection criteria and fairness
- The role of Redundancy Representatives
- Statutory Notice Periods and Redundancy Payments
- Restructuring your workforce: communicating and consulting
- Managing change and the aftermath of a restructure